Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray is effective in relieving and reducing nasal congestion, sneezing and runny nose symptoms caused by hay fever and other seasonal allergies. Beconase contains beclometasone which is a form of medicine known as a corticosteroid. Beclometasone is effective in reducing inflammation in the nasal passages which can occur when exposed to foreign particles (allergens).
Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray is for use by adults over 18 years only.
- It is recommended that the nasal spray is ideally first used a few days before you know you will come into contact with an allergen (pollen etc).
- The initial dose for adults is two sprays into each nostril twice daily (morning and evening)
- This dose should be reduced to one spray twice daily once the symptoms are under control.
- If the symptoms have not improved after 14 days of using this medicine you should contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Please read the patient information leaflet carefully for further advice.